Installing under cabinet lighting in a kitchen can be a great way to add more light to the workspace and make it easier to see while preparing food or cooking. Here are some general steps to follow when installing under cabinet lighting:
- Choose the type of under cabinet lighting you want. There are different types available, including LED tape lights, puck lights, and light bars. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to research and select the one that’s best for your needs.
- Measure and plan the installation. Measure the length of the cabinets where you want to install the lights and plan where you want to place the lights. Make sure you have access to an electrical outlet or can install a hardwired connection.
- Prepare the cabinets. Clean the underside of the cabinets where the lights will be installed. You may also need to remove any moldings or other obstructions to make room for the lights.
- Install the lights. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install the lights. Depending on the type of lights you choose, this may involve using mounting clips, adhesive tape, or screws. Be sure to use the appropriate tools and materials.
- Connect the lights to the power source. If your lights are hardwired, you may need to hire an electrician to install a new electrical socket or connect the lights to an existing circuit. If your lights use a plug, you can simply plug them in.
- Test the lights. Turn on the lights to make sure they’re working properly and are positioned where you want them. Adjust as necessary.
Overall, installing under cabinet lighting in a kitchen can be a relatively straightforward project for those with some DIY experience. However, if you’re not comfortable with electrical work, it’s best to hire a professional electrician to ensure your safety and the proper installation of the lights.
If get stuck can ask us anytime for advice. All our lights can be made to measure your cabinets and it involves screwing in the clips and connect the drivers to the circuit.